Monday, August 11, 2014

Confrontation Mid Nor





Hello everyone!

This summer has been quite busy for me, including the wargaming department. I have decided to take a small break from Games Workshop (with the exception of BloodBool) and try 2 great games, Warzone Ressurection and Rackham's Confrontation.

My latest craze is about an OOP game, sadly no longer available. I have acquired a big Mid Nor army, when the game was still hot but never got the chance of playing with them. Recently a friend of mine, equally with big armies himself, got into the game too and the result was me digging up my old miniatures!

Examining the sculpts from up close once again I must say that they are just gorgeous, especially considering the date that these were sculpted. They could easily be standing today next to the latest releases from the biggest manufacturers out there.

They are also a challenge for me, trying some new techniques and playing with colors I have ages to use.

So here are my latest painted Mid Nor miniatures

Cthonian Larva (CoolMiniOrNot voting page)

Cthonian Larva (CoolMiniOrNot voting page)

Scourge Bearers (CoolMiniOrNot voting page)

As always, comments, remarks and criticism is more than welcome! Also I would love to see your votes on CoolMiniOrNot as always (check the pictures for links). I hope you like them as much as I do.

7 comments :

  1. Lovely models! I like the vibrant colors and excellent shades/highlights. I would like to see some higher res photos though. I feel we are missing out on seeing some of the detail work at this size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! truth is Blogger resizes the images... I don't know why! Check the CoolMiniOrNot links for bigger pictures until I figure out how to post higher rez pics here... :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do! Maybe try posting some cropped detail shots? The carapace in particular looks really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay on my reply but I got carried away a bit from summer and I got lazy :P Anyways, here is a closeup of the carapace as requested

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that is some stunning work. Thanks for taking the time to indulge me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries mate! Glad you like my job, keep an eye on more Confrontation goodies as I am currently uploading a new article ;)

    ReplyDelete